Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
Share your opinions and shape your community’s hospital services
Partnering with You and Your Family
At Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton, our patient-centered philosophy of care recognizes the importance of the patient perspective. We welcome the opinions of you and your family.
Through our Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC), we use your feedback to develop programs and practices that meet the needs of our community.
Our goal is to foster strong channels of communication and positive relationships with community members to shape the services offered by our hospital.
Become a PFAC Member
BID Milton formed our Patient & Family Advisory Council in 2010. We follow guidelines developed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Coalition for Prevention of Medical Errors. This ensures high standards of comprehensive and compassionate care for every patient.
Our PFAC members:
- Act as PFAC representatives on other hospital committees.
- Help improve the experience for patients and family members.
- Plan and host community education programs.
- Provide feedback to hospital leadership.
- Serve as a voice of the community.
- Work on special projects.
We seek current and former patients and family members to join the advisory council. A steering committee of hospital staff members facilitate the PFAC’s recruitment initiatives. We welcome anyone who shares our commitment to excellence in health care quality. Consider joining our council.
An ideal PFAC member:
- Can share insightful feedback on a wide range of health care topics.
- Can provide feedback with cooperative candor in a concise manner.
- Is a good listener.
- Is available to regularly attend meetings.
- Gives additional time for projects outside meetings.
As a PFAC member, you can lead and shape a wide range of projects that impact the entire BID Milton community.
Examples of topics the council advises on:
- New clinical programs
- Organizational priorities
- Patient education
- Patient service issues
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Safety measures
- And many other initiatives
Learn More About Our Work
We value your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns about the care you or a loved one received at BID Milton, please contact our Patient Advocate at 617-696-4600, ext. 1360.