Awards & Accreditations
Reflecting Our Commitment to Safety and Quality
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton is committed to achieving high-quality and safe care for the patients we serve.
We're proudly accredited by the following organizations:
- The American College of Radiology
- The Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton's Joint Commission Quality Report
- The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- The American Association of Blood Banks
BID Milton received its commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer due to its cancer program both complying with best practices in cancer care but also for scoring higher than state and national averages in all quality measurements for medical and radiation oncology.
BID Milton Local Awards and Recognition
A hospital dedicated to the community, BID Milton has been recognized by several local organizations, including Boston Magazine, Tufts Health Plan, and the Randolph Chamber of Commerce.
In fact, Boston Magazine named 18 BID Milton physicians and surgeons from across 17 medical specialties to its annual ‘Top Doctors’ guide while the Randolph Chamber of Commerce named BID Milton Business of the Year.
Milton Primary Care was also recognized, being awarded the number one Top Overall Performer in the Readmission Prevention Program Award Program by Tufts Health Plan on more than one occasion.
BID Milton National Awards and Recognition
In addition to the local awards and accreditations we've received, BID Milton has also received recognition on the national level, including being:
- Named to the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Hospital Honor Roll.
- One of three hospitals in the nation presented with the prestigious Pinnacle of Excellence Award for Physician Engagement at the Press Ganey National Client and Executive Leadership Conference.
- Awarded two honor roll titles from the American Heart Association - the Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll and the Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award.
- The recipient of an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for their continued commitment to patient safety for the fourth year in a row.
BID Milton's Weight Loss Surgery Center has also been designated a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery by Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Blue Distinction Specialty Care Program.
Our surgical weight loss program has also been accredited as a Comprehensive Center by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) which is the highest designation they offer.